Antique Original Photo Native American Indian Man Oklahoma Cherokee Chipawa
Antique, c1915, original gelatin silver mounted photograph depicting a culturally assimilated Native American man in a pin striped suit, bow tie, western style belt and pocket watch. He is standing against what appears to be a concrete altar with flowers on it.
Provenance comes from a small collection of Native American photographs from Oklahoma. Perhaps a Cherokee of Chipawa Native but quite worthy of further research and I welcome any insight on a tribal affiliation. Mat shows soiling and a stain spot to the top right corner.
No creases, bends or tears. Gentle edge and corner wear.
Remnants of paper on verso which most likely is from being mounted in a photo album at one point. Measures 5 3/4" x 4 1/4" with the mat. Photo comes housed in a rigid clear protective archival sleeve for easy display and continued protection.
Please enjoy the photos for further item details and if you have any questions feel free to ask. Thank you and be sure to check out our other listings! This item is in the category "Collectibles\Photographic Images\Photographs". The seller is "massachusettsantiques" and is located in this country: US.
- Size: 5.75 x 4.25 in
- Photographer: Unknown
- Production Technique: Gelatin-Silver Print
- Framing: Matted
- Country/Region of Manufacture: United States
- Custom Bundle: No
- Style: Documentary, Figurative Art, Photojournalism
- Material: Paper
- Theme: People
- Format: Cabinet Card
- Type: Photograph
- Features: 1st Edition, One of a Kind (OOAK)
- Antique: Yes
- Number of Photographs: 1
- Vintage: Yes
- Image Orientation: Portrait
- Subject: People, Native American Indian
- Finish: Matte
- Signed: No
- Original/Licensed Reprint: Original
- Year of Production: 1915
- Image Color: Black & White
- Time Period Manufactured: 1900-1924
- Unit of Sale: Single Piece